Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Osmosis

This little man cracks me up.  He has an established bedtime routine:  Books (either while sitting on his bed on my lap in the rocking chair), Bacon (monkey lovey) and water bottle, books to read on his own in bed, and the hall light on.  Oftentimes, he sneaks out of bed, but he always reads before he finally falls asleep (no matter how many times we put him back to bed).

I love that he loves books.  I hope he's retaining some of the things he sees and hears as we read and even when he "reads" on his own.  Books are so important and I wish I had more time to read myself so my boys can see me reading and know it's important (unfortuately, usually when I have a spare moment to myself, I'm making dinner, cleaning the kitchen, or folding clothes).

So, here's to learning from the best books.

Here's to loving reading.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment