Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Cake

Our Relief Society birthday party is tomorrow, and I've made one of the 6 cakes for the centerpieces on the tables (I really need to work on my butter cream dirty icing so my fondant isn't so bumpy [to be honest, though, the shadows make it worse than it was]).  I'm grateful for cake, but really I'm grateful for what it represents.  The Relief Society was officially started on March 17, 1842.  The organization foundation was and still is service.  I'm the president of our ward's Relief Society.  I'm not sure, even now after serving for 2 years, that it was the right calling for me, but I do know that I have learned a lot about service and I really have a strong desire to serve the community and women of our ward.

So, here's to charity.

Here's to chocolate.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment