Friday, March 14, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Lincoln

No.1 has been working with his TAG teacher on a "play" (oral report) about Abe Lincoln.  They had planned to present it around President's Day, but with all the snow days, it was pushed off until today.  No.1 and I worked together to get him ready.  He read a book about Lincoln, he practiced with note cards, he presented to me, then I received an e-mail from his teacher this morning saying that he's been really emotional today (he broke down in tears, sobbing tears, because he had to fix some worksheet).  He had been out the day before because of vomiting late Wednesday night, and she wondered if he just wasn't feeling well.  No.2 and I immediately got in the car and went to check on No.1.  He was in lunch and was acting just fine.  I really thing he was tired and just feeling some unrecognized apprehension and nervousness about his presentation.  I talked to him and he was good to go.  No.2 and I went home.

Mr., No.2, and I went back to the school at the end of the day to watch him present.  Another TAG student (2nd grader) did his report on George Washington and No.1 did his on Abe Lincoln.  They performed for both classrooms (first 2nd grade, then No.1's 1st grade).  I was so proud of the job he did.  He's given talks in church before, but this was off of notes, not full sentences.  He really did a good job.

So, here's to my little Abe.

Here's to great performances.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment