Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Planning

No.2 cracks me up.  He insisted he wear this bow tie to bed in order to be ready for church in the morning.  He's not wearing that tie to church, I already have a different outfit picked out, but I loved that he wanted to wear a tie. 

I guess I remember No.1 being easy to dress, but as he's gotten older, he's started to express views and opinions on his attire.  If I had my way, he'd wear cute, preppy button up collared shirts with nice jeans or pants everyday.  But he prefers jeans and t-shirts.  He's good about wearing a tie to church, but he's not always happy about it. 

Something that helps us out, though is planning outfits for the week.  I don't plan No.2's clothes yet, but No.1 and I put his clothes out and put them in a hanging shelf in his closet.  It saves time in the morning and stifles any potential I-do-want-to-wear-that's.  Mostly, now that he's older and I need to start relinquishing some of my motherly fashion desires, No.1 gets his way, but I love when I can sneak in a couple of my collared shirt choices.

So, here's to planning ahead.

Here's to letting others do some of the planning.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment