Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Flexibility

No.1 has slept on the air mattress that was put up in his room for my in-laws visit over the weekend.  This is how I found him asleep tonight.  He's pretty much sleeping in a full butterfly position.  He can pretty much do the straddle splits (and soaks in every drop of praise he receives from his karate instructors), he can bend and move in the strangest of ways, and he, well, he sleeps like a pretzel.  I use to be limber like that (though I could never do the splits), and I miss that those days are pretty much gone (though I can still put my legs behind my head - for a second).  But, it's fun to encourage No.1 in his stretches and skills.

So, here's to more flexibility (and not just in the body).

Here's to passing traits.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment