Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Moms


I saw this youtube video and loved how clever it was.  Although I had it figured out from the first second, it was still fun to watch it unravel.  This company invented a fake job, posted it, and did webcam interviews for the position.  The interviewer was very straight faced as he told the interviewees that the job would require you to wear many different hats and would be required to work 24/7, 356 days a year, and they would have to deal with sometimes very difficult clients.  At first the interviewees were disgusted by such requirement calling them inhumane.  Then he tells them that he's talking about mothers.  I loved the reaction of many of them as they reflected on how much their mothers have done for them.

Sometimes when I see things like this, I think I don't measure up to the model of a true mother.  I click into my electronics when I should play trains.  I yell when I should breathe.  I force when I should guide.  I do so many things wrong and it seems only a few things right.  But, I suppose recognizing that allows me to fix on what is wrong and make it right.

So, here's to living up to standards.

Here's to righting wrongs.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment