Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Helpers

"Saturday is a special day..."  These boys were excited to get down and dirty with Mr. in preparing Mr.'s tomato and pepper pots.  I had errands to run for church and left the guys to it.  Sure, they got in the way sometimes, but that they were willing to and wanted to help outweighed the little intrusions.  When I got home, all the pots were ready for planting.

I am grateful we have a garden (the pots and a bit plot in the backyard).  I grew up with a garden and know it helped teach me the value of hard work.  I see too many kids who have no responsibilities and they consequently have a gimme-gimme attitude.  I hope that through giving my little helpers chores and having them help in the garden each year, they will become hard workers.

So, here's to helping hands.

Here's to fruits of our labors.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment