Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Books

Well, I'm grateful No.2 wanted to read, but not so grateful to put all 150+ books away on his shelves.  Still, I'm glad he loves book so much.  I'm not a great example of reading for my boys.  Not that I don't enjoy a good book now and again, but I'm always doing things, I don't make time to read that often so my boys don't see me reading.  I have some friends who's kid's noses are always stuck in a book, but so are their parent's.  I love the idea of being a book family, but I fear that if it ever happened, our house would fall apart.  Still, I know I need to have my children see me reading more often.  I read to them daily, and they enjoy that, but they also need to see that you can have good quiet time alone with a book, too.

So, here's to more turned pages.

Here's to making time to read.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment