Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Freedom

My friend teaches in the UAE.  She posted this link on her facebook page.  I scanned it and am so grateful I don't have to be stealth about my freedoms.  I am grateful to live in this country, flawed as it is.  I see how women are suppressed in other lands and am so glad that if our government even considered doing anything remotely like they do across the ocean, there would be a civil uprising like you have never seen in the history of the world.  I once tried on a burka and couldn't wait to get it off.  I'm not claustrophobic, but being in the full length black gown and headdress with only my eyes visible, I felt oppressed.  I am grateful that my boys are taught that women and men are equal.

So, here's to equality.

Here's to freedom.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment